Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still more pens






I turned two new pens tonight, both 7mm American Slimline Twist. One is from Myrtal Wood for my boss, the other is from a branch of something my sister gave me (I think). I also turned a bottle stopper, but forgot to take a picture. I gave the pens a little weight as I knew they would be used by men. I need to make my own center band so I may try taking a jewelry class this winter to try and get a taste for working with metal. The alternate is to turn the band from wood or acrylic.

I picked up some resin to try pouring my own blanks, as it does add a different aspect to the pen making. The store was out of catalyst, but I'm not in a hurry anyway.

Had the power company stop by today to look at our house to help determine if I need to increase my feeder size for the shop. Maybe not, I can only hope, as this would be about 1/3 of the shop price.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: