Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New ornaments

Okay, I haven't posted anything for a while. Blame it on the holidays. Here are two pictures of ornaments that I have turned since New Years. All are slated to be given away, along with two or three more that I haven't made yet. The bodies are Myrtal Wood with Cherry finials. Note that the last one I turned, sitting up on top, has the grain, and consequently the 'rays' in a different direction then the rest. One of these pictures was left very large, so it may take some time to load. All of these are hollow and I am getting better at that part.


Also note that one has two loose rings on it. Just having fun trying to see if I can turn them.


A third picture I included is an ornament I turned tonight, and I don't believe the body is Myrtle wood. It's a little different shape since the piece was narrower and longer. As you can see I had not yet glued it together so you can see the parts. Once it is together I will post that picture.



Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: