Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Turned Project

It seems like forever since I made anything to post on this blog. Actually I've started running to lose weight 4 nights a week and it has taken a month to not feel completely drained when I get done. Anyway I have here a shot at a bowl I turn from an African Mahogany. The shot with the ruler shows the bowls size and how it looked with no sanding. The second shot is sanded and I've turn a small rabbit in the top. I then took a piece of maple and I turned a matching lip to fit the bowl top. I haven't hollowed the center out yet but I'm carving a wavy edge as seen by the lines drawn along the edge of the maple. Once that is done I will remove then center of the maple and mount it onto the mahogany bowl. Then it will get one final turning to clean up the fit on the inside of the bowl. Somewhere along the line I will turn the bowl bottom too.
Wonderful, another day that Chrome doesn't let me load pictures. The iframe pops up but there are no buttons.

I'll save this version as a draft and try a couple of other browsers. Hey, it worked in IE 10. What a switch, usually IE is the worst offender.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: