Monday, February 4, 2008

Checkerboard Pen


Well, as promised, here is the checkerboard pen. I can really see the places where I could have been more precise, but as a friend of mine said; "It is unique and one-of-a-kind. And it still works as pen." That is a key part, it still works and I've learned a little more. It's not my best job, but it was fun to try and it does look okay. I now have ideas on how I can improve the quality for the next time I try this kind of pattern on a pen.





I'm going to swing by the Pen Makers Guild web site and take a look at some other designs I can try with the equipment I currently have to see if I can make a better pen. A thickness sander would help, but I'm not ready for the stress of making one at this time.


Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

1 comment:

Galen B. said...

Woody,
Keep on making. Stop in and visit me at my space if you get a chance. I like your carvings.
Galen