Sunday, March 2, 2008

Plastering

I've been plastering walls in my wife's new sewing room. The previous owner covered the walls with paneling. I peeled that off and found that the wallboard had not been taped or sealed. So I changed the lights in the ceiling and started plastering the walls and the joint at the ceiling. Slow work, but I enjoy it. I'll need to add two more layers of plaster to the wall to feather the joints so they become less obvious. Some of the previous work was pretty bad. I still need to tape the joint at the top of the closet. Later.

After I finish with the plaster, I need to re-texture and the paint the ceiling, followed by painting the walls. At that point I can finally lay the floor, a project I started 3 years ago.

I did turn a new pen, which I'll post a picture later. I'm just too tired to haul the stuff out for the picture.

Be careful of the splinters.

No comments: