Friday, October 24, 2008

Pen Blanks & The Wood Tool Show

We just had the wood tool show here in PDX, and while there was a lot of stuff available, it did not seem to be as large as last year. The only thing I bought was a few pen blanks to try out.





I watched a few demos, and drooled over a few new machines, but as I don't (yet) have the space for them, I went on by. Often the prices are better than in the store, especially the stuff that they are demonstrating. The demonstrators always make it look so easy, too. There are a few gadgets I'd like to get, but there will be other opportunities. Whether it was worth the cost to get there and get in? Well, I think so. Even just to look at the work by the separate clubs was worth the price. I did get to look at some unique woods, and see how some of the tools compare to each other too. So it will be with a shopping list next year. And a truck.

Enjoy, but be careful of the splinters.

No comments: