Monday, January 5, 2009

After the holidays




The holidays went well here. We had almost 2 feet of snow, not quite as much as 1968, but close. Got me an extra week off from work. The annual gathering was only 7 couples instead of 40 couples. Still a great time.

I did get some turning in. From a kit that Rockler sells, I made 3 wood handled screwdrivers, pictured here. Each one was progressively smaller, as I was trying to make one to fit the kid's hand. Third try got it. I used Oregon Myrtal Wood for the handles and you can see some of the unique coloring I got. The finish was BLO (boiled linseed oil).

Went to the coast on the Saturday prior to returning to work and sending the kid home, where I took this picture (large) at Taft, not wood but still neat.

Enjoy, but be careful of the splinters.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......