Monday, September 21, 2009

Still painting

Since the weather was bad, I worked inside and painted the inside walls of the shop, using a roller this time. After that dried I added the outlet covers and rehung the power panel cover. I also put molding outside of the garage door so it now seals, and looks good.

The next day it was dry and warm, so the outside has been primed (spray) and I'm ready to put on a final coat, probably this Friday. I finished priming the outside tonight, but I did not take pictures. It is now getting too dark to do too much in the evening. I did fill in most of the ditch, so it has been progressing well.

Still looking a cabinet saws, found a Grizzly G0690 ($1250) that looks good and has a riving knife. All new saws are supposed to have the riving knife per some federal mandated safety code. It is a smart thing, as it keeps boards from pinching the blade and getting thrown back into your face. Apparently the Grizzly, and Laguna saws are made the same, in the same plant, with a different logo put on them.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: