Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let there be lights




We got back from vacation a day early, so I painted the ceiling of the shop. That allowed me to install lights. I had originally planned on putting up 11 light fixtures, but I had not thought about the height of the garage door, so I ended up with 8. I also got the best T8 light bulbs I could find. The ballasts are electronic and supposed to go down to 0 degrees. As it turns out 8 lights are probably enough. They are on 2 switches so I can turn off half. Last night I painted the walls, since I can now see at night and it is getting dark so much earlier. The place glows.

I'm getting ready to go out and get seals for the garage door. I'll cut the trim for the frame of the garage door from plywood and mount the trim on it. I was looking at prices of wood last night and still can't get over how high some of it is. Of course I was at a big box store, which already makes it a little high. It's raining today, but will be nice tomorrow, so tomorrow looks like a day to prime the outside.

I've included a view from one of the windows, and as you can see I've been filling in the trench. Also, the Wisteria has almost completed the tear down of the guard rails.

The local Rockler store is having their annual gar(b)age sale where the let people sell personal stuff, also 10% off on some power tools in the store, so I may swing out there. I've been looking at table saws, and currently thinking about the Grizzly G1023S. This is a cabinet saw that does not cost much more than most hybrids, which is what I was looking at, and the reviews are great. I like the idea of a SawStop, but I just don't want to spend that much money at this time. $1K vs $3K.

Well, I've got a whole list of things to do today, so I'd better get in gear.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: