Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Final Pictures of the deck



Here are shots I took last night, and forgot to post when I got back home. As you can see, the deck is finished. We will meet with the contractors later this week to go over any issues. The view through the steps is an issue of my SO, but she also realizes that she may not get them to fix it. I like the way the deck looks, and the size seems huge. Of course now I have a ton more yard work to do, moving dirt, laying bricks, cleaning up the gardens....no rest for the wicked.


This last picture from the bottom of the stairs is to show how they braced the boards cut for the steps with a sandwich of 2x4s to get it more strength and stability. This deck and stairs feels rock solid, unlike my older deck which no-one wanted to walk on the stairs. Next up is a brick patio at the bottom of the steps. The top of the last step and the shop floor are level, so it will be easier to set the bricks at the correct height.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: