Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Little Magic


A good friend of my sons has 2 daughters that went to Hogwarts Day Camp last week. Each was given a branch to polish and make into a wand. One was lost on the last day of camp, to the disappointment of the girl. Well, since they had asked already if I could help get the wands polished (sanded), I went ahead and made a couple of wands which you see above. Each wand is about 16 inches long, with the business end made from Myrtle wood. The Handle of one is Cherry and the other is Juniper. Since I made these from 2 pieces, I drilled the tenon hole extra long and added a partial feather voluntarily donated by a Blue Bird. Okay, its a feather I found on the ground, and maybe the cats didn't get him.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.



No comments: