Thursday, November 21, 2013

Keeping it Warm

Now that Fall has hit and the temperatue has dropped off, the heater has failed. It was a 4000 watt 240 V heater that I rarely turned on high enough to pass the bottom 10% of its range. It was used and free to me, so I wasn't out much. I checked on line and that model is no longer available. What failed was the power switch, which I could not remove, nor did I expect to find a replacement as it included a separate circuit for the heater.

I picked up the following heater as the replacement from HD, same brand, but a newer model.


It seems to be working fine, and no rewiring the plug as the outlet let 20 or 30 amp plugs work.

Note that I mounted the brackets at a slight angle to keep the heat bouncing around the room instead of straight across and back.

Enjoy, and keep your fingers warm


No comments: