Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cleaning Up


IIt's been a while since I moved into the shop and it was time to clean and rearrange. There were things I didn't like and some of these made it less user friendly.

I started the day by pulling out any item that sat on the floor, including all of the anti-fatigue mats. Then I took apart the table I had placed behind the table saw. Another place I gained space was removing all of the buckets of scrap destined for the fireplace.

I then moved the table saw so the front right corner was in the center of the room. At the end I placed the jointer, while moving the router table to square off that edge. I decided to place the thickness sander behind the table saw as it is probably the easiest tool to move when necessary.

The picture shows where other items have landed, including the carving bench in front of one window and my work bench in front of the other. I brought all of the mats back in and I ended up with a path around the machines.


I'm still putting things away, and figuring out what I need for better storage.


Some stuff hasn't moved, but that is mostly the stored wood. I also moved my heater to hit the path and not at the tables themselves.


I need to clean the work bench and make some proper storage underneath it.

So, for now, enjoy and watch out for the spiders.

No comments: