Thursday, July 23, 2009

Electrtic Passed

I passed the electric rough portion of the inspection. The trenches that hold the pipes can now be filled in and I started putting in the insulation in the ceiling. Actually it's done now. I used of R-38 sheets up there. First I cut 22.25" x 4' sheets of waferboard out and installed them to keep the insulation out of the vents. Then I placed foam spacers in the other sections to keep the stuff away from the roof. What I did wrong was I was cutting the insulation at an angle to actually fit against the spacers. That was nasty work.

I finally called a friend who said that I only needed to run the batting up to the ceiling spacers and leave dead air space. I was already half done, and being anal I put the sections in like he suggested, then put up stuff to match what I had already started. I just tried not to be too 'perfect' about the fit.

Anyway, the ceiling is in and the next step is to insulate the walls. Tomorrow, oh joy.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: