Sunday, November 1, 2009

Movin' In











I've been moving tools and supplies into the new shop all weekend. So I've included a few pictures to show how it is coming. First is one of me hanging a French Cleat along the south wall of the shop. As you see later this is where I'll put all of the shelves that I've made over the years. The second shot actually is me after another hand-full of screws.

The final 3 shots is how it looked when I quit Sunday night. I've moved most of the tools in already, still need to move my Radial Arm Saw and a wheeled air filtration unit that I made (3 filters and a furnace fan). There are still some loose tools (like specialty drills) I need to move, but I need some drawers to put them into. The wire rack on wheels is new, from Costco, and it can be one tall rack or 2 short racks, but only one gets the wheels.


I still haven't moved the Sheetrock and plywood laying in the middle of the floor. I had to put a longer power cord (was 3' now a little over 6') on the heater today, but at it's lowest setting it was keeping the room at a balmy 62 degrees. The mount for the heater is the only new thing I made today, hanging with a French Cleat, of course.

I have more to clean and re-arrange in the old shop, including tearing down the wall between the garages.

No comments: