Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Foredom Flex Shaft Mount

I got my last Christmas present mounted last night. I was looking at using 1/2" water pipes to make a holder for the Foredom, but by the time I added up the material costs it was cheaper just to buy a stand from Foredom. I took a shot that Harbor Freight might have one, since they often sell tools that are similar to other manufacturers. Didn't find one, but I did find a garden stake for plants that looked like a perfect holder for the flex shaft ($2.30 USD). In the pictures you can see it mounted, with 2 clamps holding the 2x3 to the carving table. Once I decide on the height and position I may just screw the 2x3 into the legs. Until then, it's adjustable.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

nice post sharing information related to foredom flexshaft