Thursday, August 20, 2009

Behind the Garage Door...


Well, behind the door I have been plastering. But here you can see the door. I haven't completed putting the door up yet, only the lower track is in place, so it won't fall over. There is a 1" gap between the frame and the door itself, which I'm not real happy with. I need to get another piece to seal the opening. The company that makes the doors sells a 'doorstop' with a big rubber flange that is supposed to lean against the door to seal it. I guess they leave the gap for discrepancies in the ways the opening was framed.

I still need to trim the front opening. the 2 pieces there are just temporary, as I need to install a wider piece, 6" wide that is, naturally a size that is hard to get. Technically I could use plywood since the both edges will be covered. I'll do my best to make it look nice. I've been toying with some ideas for the outside trim on the face of the shop. Maybe I'll post a couple of sketches. Not tonight, already too tired, so I'm hitting the sack.

Enjoy, but be careful of the splinters.

No comments: