Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Wallboard Passed

I just had the wallboard inspection, and it passed. I think there is only one more and that is the final. I need to paint, hang lights, and gutters and place the outlet covers all around. I already have GFIs, and all of the fixtures will be florescent. At this point I think I can do the ground level too, keeping the dirt 6" below the bottom of the wood paneling. This will actually be the most work, but I still need to take it easy for the cut on my arm. Oh, did I mention that. I planted a box-cutter in my left arm deep enough when the doctor was looking at it, he called over the technician and said " see how the tendon and muscle move when he flexes his wrist...". I just wanted him to sew it back up. It didn't hurt but it was ugly. Took 3 stitches to pull it back together. Didn't lose any feeling or coordination in my hand, so it was a good cut. Stitches out in 7 more days.

I put together a craftsman project table to put my pop on. It goes well with the chair and is surprisingly stable. I've had the table in a box for over a year, with no room to set it up. So while healing I put it together to be able to contemplate the shop, and drink my pop.

Sorry, there are no pictures tonight, spent the evening at a, "surprise, your retiring" party for a friend of ours.

Enjoy, and be careful of the splinters.

No comments: