Friday, August 14, 2009

SheetRock'in!





Okay, so I'm trying to make it sound more exciting then it is. I almost have all of the Sheetrock up. I rented a lift to help with the ceiling, but I still did all of the work myself, except loading it into the truck. A 4x12 piece of Sheetrock is heavy, and you hope there is no breeze when you pick it up. While the work isn't perfect it is up there. It took me a full day to do the ceiling, and I thought it would only take 4 hours.

The next day I started on the walls. The walls and ceiling are 1/2 inch, except for the walls by the garage door. Those are 5/8 inch to meet fire safety code. I went ahead and loosened each power outlet then stuffed then inside their own box, cut the openings for the holes and screwed everything in.

I work only about 2 hours after I get home, which translates typically into 2-4 sheets a night. I still need to split one sheet for 2 spots about 21" wide. Then I need to tape all of the joints.

I'm also looking for a garage door. We've been talking about getting windows on top of the door, but usually takes 4-5 weeks to get the door. Without windows I can pick up a door at Lowes or Home Depot tomorrow. We need 3 doors, but only one right away.

Anyway you can see wire hanging down from the ceiling for the lights, but most of the rest is in. I managed to take these pictures without showing the incomplete spots.

Enjoy, but be careful of the splinters.

Hey, I only got 2 answers from the survey, is anybody out there?

No comments: